"Hey Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love her?
♫ I love you with all my heart. If I don't see you again soon, I'm gonna die. 🎝
Come over here kid. Learn something. You never know you might have to cook for 20 guys some day.
You see, you start out with some oil and you fry some garlic. Then you throw in some tomatoes. You get it to a boil and you shove in all your sausage and your meatballs. Add a little bit of wine and a little bit of sugar. And that's my trick."
– Clemenza, The Godfather (1972)
- 4 or 5 meatballs
- 3 links of Italian sausage
- a medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- large can of tomatoes
- small can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- full glass of dry red wine or sherry (don't drink it, you need it for the sauce)
- teaspoon of basil
- teaspoon of oregano
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- teaspoon of sugar
- Chop onion
- Crush and chop garlic
- Fry sausage and meatballs on medium heat for ten minutes turning constantly - set aside
- Fry garlic and onions in olive oil
- Add your tomatoes, your tomato paste and turn heat to high
- bring to a boil, stirring constantly so it doesn't stick
- Stir in the oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Shove in all your sausage and your meatballs
- Add wine
- Add sugar
- Turn heat to low
- Simmer for one hour stirring occasionally.
Now Let's Eat
Buon appetito !!!